Pages

Saturday 27 April 2013

Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon

It is the 24-Hour Read-a-thon weekend!

I have been looking forward to it ever since I've found out about this event last autumn. This will be my first time participating, and I am so phyched about it! Can't wait to dig into my Read-a-thon book stack (lovingly picked months ago) and engage in some social reading.

24read_lighter

Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon is a twice yearly event, created in 2007 by Dewey. The premise is irresistible:
For 24 hours, we read books, post to our blogs about our reading, and visit other readers’ blogs. We also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day. It happens twice a year, in April and in October.


My Read-a-thon Goals

1. Physical books trump ebooks
2. Select the reads that are likely to contribute to my 2013 reading challenges, in particular Mount TBR Reading Challenge
3. NO PRESSURE!

My Reading Strategies

I plan to do most of my reading while cafe-hopping, so I did not prep any special food. I did, however, save this week's Graze box for emergency... well, grazing.

My Read-a-thon Stack

1. Lynn Flewelling, The Bone Doll's Twin
2. A. S. Byatt, The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye
3. Grimm's Fairy Tales
4. Shannon Hale, The Goose Girl
5. Manga Shakespeare, Richard III
6. Ahmed Khaled Towfik, Utopia
7. Annie Proulx, Brokeback Mountain
8. Simon Garfield, Just My Type
9. Dava Sobel, Longitude

I have selected more books than I expect to finish to give myself variety and circumvent reading fatigue at the later stages of the Read-a-thon. I reckon I'll have completed at least 4 by the end of 24 hours. We shall see is this prediction holds!

My Read-a-thon Progress

Here the link to my Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-thon liveblog post, I will also be tweeting as @mae_ost.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment